We’re happy to announce that the January 2019 Henny+Roo box will feature a blank journal where you can record your chicken keeping adventures. If keeping notes about your flock isn’t something you’ve done before, here are a few reasons you may want to start in 2019.
- Now you have a cute journal! It’s covered in high-quality linen and imprinted with an adorable chickens in the garden image. That’s reason enough, right?
- Because you always forget the breed of that one chicken. Is Edith a Black Austrolorp or a Black Copper Maran? If you had only recorded all of the breeds of the chicks you bought last year…
- Because you want to know if this hobby is paying off. Keep track of monthly expenses and egg production to figure out your cost per dozen. Of course, we all know there are many non-quantifiable benefits to chicken keeping (and you can record those too)!
- Because you want all of your notes in once place. That poultry first aid kit list you saw online, the name of that one breed that you want to add to your flock next year, the tip for bumblefoot that you know you’ll forget if you don’t write it down…keeping these notes in a journal ensures you can quickly locate the information you’ve been holding onto.
Items you may wish to record:
- Egg production tracking
- Incubation info
- Hatch dates
- Treatments and medication
- 4H and show information
- To-do lists
- To-buy lists
- Seasonal reminders
- Wish lists
- Goal tracking
Active subscribers – you’ll get the 2019 Chicken Keeping Journal in your January boxes.
Not a subscriber? Learn more about our subscription options (no risk/cancel at any time). You’ll also receive our hen-print scarf and 6 items for your flock. Order today!